Re: strange (swedish) characters

Quoting Michael Ströder <michael@stroeder.com>:

> Paul Gillingwater wrote:
> >
> > Assuming you're loading from an LDIF file, I first process
> > the LDIF file with a Perl script I wrote, that converts from
> > ISO 8559-1 Latin1 to UTF-8,
>
> IMHO you should also base64 *all* occurences of strings containing
> 8-bit chars. Yes, also the UTF-8 strings.
>
> Ciao, Michael.

Yes, 100% agree.  The code snippet I wrote does both -- first, it
checks to see if there are any 8-bit characters, then converts them
to UTF-8, and then Base64 encodes them.  I realize the original
query assumed that they had UTF-8 already, but decided that other
people might find this useful.

On another topic -- has anyone developed any PHP or TCL-based Web gateways for
making changes to their LDAP data, which includes support for conversion of UTF-
8 and MIME Base64 encoding?  Which packages have you all found useful?

And a third topic -- we've had no end of trouble finding a LDAP library binding
that works reliably with TCL.  Has anyone been able to make this work?

cheers, and thanks in advance for any help!

*********************************
        Paul Gillingwater
        Managing Director
 CSO Lanifex Unternehmensberatung