Re: AW: Replication between different Versions of server

Paul Jakma wrote:

> On Mon, 14 May 2001, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>
> > modification. The only missing functionality would be the referral return
> > on write attempt.
>
> how do you get the refferal on write to work? it will not work for
> me -> clients that try to write to the slave are reffered to the
> master alright, but they always get "insufficient access". same
> client on same entry, same acl being applied but talking to the
> master LDAP server (hence with correct bind dn) can modify the entry.

By default, when automatically following referrals, LDAP performs
an anonymous bind. To change this behaviour, if you're coding the
client you must perform an explicit rebind, see ldap_set_rebind_proc(3).
Otherwise, you should disable the automatical referral chasing, and
reissue the write operation to the new target. This is what I got.
You should check some rfc on the subject, though, for more detailed
explanations.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati    mailto:ando@sys-net.it