Re: AW: Replication between different Versions of server

Tiefnig Daniel wrote:

> > Is it possible to replicate
> > a) from non-open-ldap (e.g. Active Directory) servers to openLdap ?
>
> using the LDAP protocoll, of course.
>
> > b) between different versions of openldap (LDAP V3 to LDAP V2
> > and vice versa)?
>
> AFAIK yes. slurpd uses "standard LDAP protocoll" to replicate the changes,
> so there shouldn't be a problem. allthought, you might have to be carefull
> with your configs. (e.g. openldap2 insists on the updatedn-part in both
> configs, openldap1 doesn't..)

Well, the slave doesn't actually have to know it is a slave. One may use
the rootdn in lieu of the updatedn, and use read-only acls to disallow
modification. The only missing functionality would be the referral return
on write attempt. I never tried cross-architecture replication, however.

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8309
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it