Fw: LDAP write performance

I stareted a few tests with ldapmodify :

ex.
   dn: <dn>
   changetype:modify
   delete:uniqueMember
   uniqueMember:<uid=user_xxx...>

and there are the results :

removing of one value

 group_1 ( 727 uniqueMember-values) : ca. 6 s.
 group_2 ( 2571 uniqueMember-values) : ca. 17 s.
 group_3 ( 4166 uniqueMember-values) : ca. 26 s.
 group_4 ( 7078 uniqueMember-values) : ca. 42 s.

It seems to write anyway all values !
Question : has anyone an idea, how to do it better ? Is it a OpenLDAP
"bug" ( i use 2.0.7), maybe can other products do it faster ?