RE: Schema

Hi,
> Register the private OID (www.iana.net) and create yours
> object classes.
 THats the hard way.

I do not know what system you're on, but a simple way to do it is to
download the redhat src rpm, unpack it (I thing that with src. rpms the
simplest is to use rpm -i )

as far as I know, the latest rpm contains the things you need.

<rant>:
I think the documentation on the open ldap site needs extensive expantion.
In the case of schemas, there should be a repository for all the different
schemas that are in use (f.x. the samba-tng schema, +++). Today my
experience is that schemas are quite hard to come by - no good.

Also, I belive that the section under support should also contain links to
the different howtos on installing and using openldap (f.x. the ldap
implentation howto (
http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/LDAP-Implementation-HOWTO/index.html) and the
howto on using pam-ldap on solaris). Today I find the openldap site a bit
"snobbish" in regard of giving pointers to usefull documentation on the net.

Else from that, Thanks for an excelent product! (at least when you find out
how to use it ,)

Tarjei