Re: AW: result: 32 No such object

Tiefnig Daniel wrote:

> > if I am runnig: ldapsearch objectclass=\*
> > I get :
[ ... ]

> > I don't understand the message "result: 32 No such object"
>
> you'll have to specify your baseDN with the -b flag.
> e.g.: if yor slapd.conf says
>
> suffix  ou=studenten,o=uni-bremen,c=de
>
> yu'll search like
>
> ldapsearch -b ou=studenten,o=uni-bremen,c=de objectclass=*

You can also specify your baseDN in /etc/ldap.conf. Be aware of the
fact that some ldap client tools use /etc/openldap/ldap.conf for
their configuration , and some use /etc/ldap.conf. It is advisable
to make a symbolic link from /etc/ldap.conf to
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf.

A minimal ldap.conf file would look like:

---/---
# ldap.conf
HOST	127.0.0.1
BASE	ou=studenten,o=uni-bremen,c=de