RE: using UTF-8 in openldap 2.0.7

According to the LDif rfc, Any attributevalue which contains UTF8
characters, should be BASE64 encode.
As soon as a "plain text" attribute value contains UTF8 characters, you will
get that error messagage you quoted.

Depending on the vendor, nearly always latin1 is supported an can be loaded
without any special precautions.

I think that just loading the file with umlauts in latin1 will do.

Success, Dolf Smits