Re: newbie installation fails

Tarjei Huse wrote:
> I suggest you just copy the entries "include ...someting...schema" entries
> from redhat's conf file. That will save you a lot of time.

Thank you. It seems I missed the "edit the provided slapd.conf" line in the
Guide. Now my working slapd.conf looks like this:

--snip--
#
# source: redhat default
#
include         /etc/openldap/schema/core.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/cosine.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/inetorgperson.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/nis.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/rfc822-MailMember.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/autofs.schema
include         /etc/openldap/schema/redhat/kerberosobject.schema

#
# source: securing linux
#
schemacheck     off

#
# source: openldap.org
#
database        ldbm
suffix          "dc=test,dc=dom"
rootdn          "cn=admin,dc=test,dc=dom"
rootpw          secret
directory       /var/lib/ldap
--snip--

In the config file provided by RedHat there are also lines:

--snip--
# Indices to maintain
#index  objectClass                             eq
index   objectClass,uid,uidNumber,gidNumber     eq
index   cn,mail,surname,givenname               eq,subinitial
--snip--

Do I need them? It seems that slapd will run withouth them...

Regards,
Peter