subentries / collective attributes

Hi,

I would like to create a directory structure where there are users and
groups. The users should all belong to a group, and should inherit some
attributes from the group they belong to. For example, if the group has an
attribute areaOfInterest, all members of the group should have the same
attribute.

As far as I can tell the way to fo that in LDAPv# is using subentries and
collective attributes. However I have also heard that openLDAP doesn't
support these. Is this true? I have found an objectClass LDAPsubEntry. What
is this used for? and what doe sit allow me to do?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Deborah