RE: lost installing ldap

Hi,
 i had accidentally run slapd with the default configuration. So I have an ldbm database with dc=my-domain,dc=com.
Ok. Shutt down slapd, and delete all files in the ldap directory (NOT /etc/openldap , but the one specified as datadir in your slapd.conf). (PS: What is the base you have defined in slapd.conf? Make sure it's right) You can also  try logging inn with a ladap client and deleting those entries.
(Two hints: log in with the rootdn and make sure you do not have problems with your acls)
this is not what i want..

what i did then was to try to create another ldbm database.. i.e. dc=dino,dc=com... for testing purposes
i did this by modifing the slapd.conf, and restarting slapd. but when i do an ldapsearch it only finds the dc=my-domain,dc=com tree...
how do i get rid of this tree? or create a new tree? i've read the openldap administrator's guide. but it only tells me so much...
Se the top message. Also: Get padl.com's migrationtools and do migrate_all_offline (READ THE README FIRST)

.Is there easier documentation on schema specification or how to interprete scheme files... I want to know how cn attribute is defined etc.. so that i can actually use ldap to hold an address book. but so far i don't understand the index attribute configuraion in chapter 7 of the openldap admin. guide.
in there it states
index cn,sn, uid
nidex objectClass pres, eq
but what do these two lines mean?

Database indexes. The fields that the ldapdatabase indexes are much quicker to find and retrieve than the ones that are not indexed.
and in 7.2 it describes how to create a atabase off-line but what is the slapd database tool used to do this? it says it is described below but where below?

What version are you using? What os?

oh and here is another index example i dont understand:
index cn,sn,uid pres, eq, approx
index objectClass eq
it says these two lines create presense,equality and approximate indexes for the cn, sn, and uid attributes and an equality index for the objectClass attribute. . but what does this mean?
any help is appreciated. thanks again

 Se higher up for indexes. I'm not an expert my self, but this is some of the hints.

To the list: If you want to do samba - ldap integration, the best place to look is samba-tng. It's currently in alpha state, but neverthe less :)