Re: OpenLDAP 2.0.7 partial replication?

Am Donnerstag, 26. April 2001 23:50 schrieb Eric Parusel:
> Hi there,
>
>     I'm wondering if OpenLDAP's slurpd can push "sections" of an LDAP
> tree (don't know if I'm using the write wording), rather than the
> whole ldap database...
>
> I'd like to push only one section of the ldap database to one of my
> slaves.

Deponds on what you mean with "sections". If you want to replicate a subtree,
the way might be to split your tree into tow (ore more) backend databases
(glue them together with a referral) and replicate only one of those.

If you only want to replicate some objects or even only some attributes of
all objects, there is no straightforward way as far as I know.

Stephan Siano

--
Stephan Siano                           Mail:  Stephan.Siano@suse.de
SuSE Linux Solutions AG                 Phone: 06196 50951 31