Re: LDAP filters

On Fri, Apr 20, 2001 at 10:09:31AM +0200, Tiefnig Daniel wrote:
> > I am curious if there is any way to specify a search filter such that any
> > search against the server would return the cn: attributes in a particular
> > order.  Currently we have two values for cn:.  We would like to have the
> > server return the cn: which is not equal to the uid: first and the other
> > cn: attribute second.

Is a multi-value attribute always returned in the same order in which it was
set?  If so, could write a maintenance script which goes and massages each
entry to follow these rules ...

... could also maybe train the application that people are using to return
givenname sn instead of cn, or use screenname ...

-danny

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/