access priv help

Can someone please assist me on setting granular access privs?  I've read
the admin guide and searched the lists, but still need help.

Versions
Red Hat 6.2
openldap-1.2.9-6
openldap-devel-1.2.9-6

I have a classic OrgUnit, ou=Employees,o=GBB,c=US.  I would like to give
everyone write permissions to self, read permissions on cn, username,
telephonenumber etc. and no permissions on hometelephonenumber.  Basically I
would like some attributes private, most public, and authentification
possible against attributes username & userpassword.

If someone can mail me a similar slapd.conf as an example that would be
great. Here was my attempt:

access to dn="ou=Employees,o=GBB,c=US"
 by dn="cn=Admin,o=GBB,c=US" write
 by * search