Re: how to add one attribut in each entry with ldapmodify?

If I did it, I would dump the entire directory to ldif first. Then use
Net::LDAP::LDIF to loop through the ldif, for each DN, create those
'add's as you did in your example and output to a new ldif.  At  the
end, run 'ldapmodify' against the new ldif.

Bing

Bing Du <bing-du@tamu.edu, 979-845-9577>
Texas A&M University, CIS, Operating Systems, Unix

>>> <andre.doehn@econia.com> 04/17/01 10:02AM >>>
hi list,
we are about to extend our schema but how can I add a special
attribute to all DN s with ldapmodify?

ldapmodify -c -D "cn=Manager, o=econia, c=de" -W -f add.ldif

here is the content of add.ldif:

dn: CN=Andre Doehn, o=econia,c=de
changetype: modify
add: userpassword
userpassword: econia2001
-
add: objectclass
objectclass: econiaPerson
-
add: ewaGeneralAccess
ewaGeneralAccess: TRUE
-
add: ewaInviteSuppliers
ewaInviteSuppliers: FALSE
-
add: ewaPressAccess
ewaPressAccess: FALSE

..this works great when I try to modify my own schema but how to change
all
DN s with
these special attributes?

thanks