Re: Limits of OpenLDAP

The environement is:

- Sun E420R (2x400 MHz)/2 GB RAM
- Solaris 2.7/UFS
- Directory with 2.4 Millions of entries
- Running on single server
- Openldap 1.2 w/Berkeley DB 2.7.7
- OpenLDAP 2.0.7 w/Berkeley 2.7.7 and 3.1.1

I have this problems:

- OpenLDAP 1.2 return error code 32 for some entries but when i try to
add this entries OpenLDAP say that the entries already exists ( In a
directory with 2 M of entries or more but not for 200/300K entries);
- OpenLDAP 2.0.7 is to slow (to generate indexes) to make an ldif2db
(slapadd) with the same ldif of OpenLDAP 1.2 and crash without any error
message at ~100 queries p/s; (w Berkeley DB 2.X and 3.X (3.X is more
slow than 2.x))

--
Rafael Rocha Neitzel <rneitzel@terra.com.br>/<rneitzel@corp.terra.com.br>
Terra Networks Brasil - www.terra.com.br