server side chasing of referrals #2

Hi,

I posted a message last October about whether anyone had done any work on
providing server side chasing of referrals in OpenLDAP.  I received a few

Before I start digging into the code myself, has anyone worked on this
feature (as an official or unofficial patch)?

Basically, I want to glue together multiple databases on a server without
returning references to the client.  It seems appropriate to use server side
chasing, as the sole purpose for splitting the databases was for performance
gains.

Thanks in advance,

Mark