From: Tarjei Huse [mailto:tarjei@nu.no]
Sent: Tuesday, April 10, 2001 9:37 AM
To: 'Jatin Nansi'
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: RE: Problem compiling OpenLDAP on Redhat 7.0

I agree with mr. Chen on using 6.2, but if you have to use 7.0, download the
latest fishcerbeta glibcs' (2.2.1 I think) and upgrade them. Then p-threads
work.

Some other advice that might make your life easyer:
1. DO NOT install db-3.2.x (or any other db) from source. Rh 7.0 comes with
a db installed, make sure you have the db and db-devel packages installed.
IMHO this is a good reason to go with 6.2.

2. ACLs. Every problem that is not related to the sleepycat is related to
the ACL. Trust me! Heres a simple tip:
make sure that everything is working before adding any acl's more advance
than
default write

also, I had problems with openldap reading the acls until I wrote every rule
on one line eg:
before:
access to *
by * none

after:
access to * by * none by "o=nu,c=no" some

access to * by * none by "o=nu,c=no" n
etc.

I hope this will help you. Also, if you are installing cyrus-imapd and
cyrus-sasl, there are some patches that will make you life better when it
comes to finding the db3 files. (again if you can: use 6.2 and install db3
from source).

I think that is all. (for now that is ,) !)

Btw: Does anyone have any sucess using samba and ldap with either the tng og
the old head ?

Also: Thanks to everyone on this list for helping me set up openldap!

Tarjei