slapadd can't create DB

Hello,

	Installed OLDAP 2.0.7 on a Mandrake 8b2 box, with BerkDB 3.2.9. Both were
compiled from source, with the following options:

Berk DB:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc

OLDAP:
./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var

Make test on oldap  worked fine. On attempting to add the initial records
to the db, I receive the following errors in /var/log/syslog:

Apr  9 21:02:18 i48 slapadd: ldbm: ==> set_cachesize: method meaningless
in shared environment
Apr  9 21:02:18 i48 slapadd: Could not open/create id2entry.dbb

slapd.conf has

lstatedir=/var/openldap-ldbm

The directories exist and are set with rwx permissions for all (wide open,
will be changed once things start to work). I have also run slapd in debug
mode, and attempted an ldapadd, I see the same error both in logs and on
the terminal when doing this.

I understand from the archives of this list that the first error message
can be safely ignored, and I'm not finding anything useful for the second
message. Any ideas on what steps need to be taken to create the initial
db? Or, something somewhere that I'm missing? Thanks for any assistance...

Regards,

Ed Hintz
Network Systems Administrator
Natus Medical, Inc.