openldap unstable on Solaris 2.6 SPARC

Hi all,

I have a problem with an unstable openldap tree on a Solaris 2.6 box. Here's some information about the setup:

OpenLDAP 2.0.7
Solaris 2.6 with patches (I can provide a list if necessary)
qmail-ldap setup

The effect is that the openldap server simply dies, with nothing special in the logs on loglevel 256. Sometimes it dies 2 times a day, sometimes it works fine for three days. This machine is located offsite, so I have asked to change the loglevel to 255 and see what that gives, I will pass the findings on to this list.

Also, we have noticed that slapcat gives errors when trying to create an ldif file of the database. This is the typical output:

# /usr/local/sbin/slapcat -l /usr/local/etc/openldap/outputfile.ldif
# no data for entry id=00000b9

Only with the -c option it will continue and generate an ldif file, but generates about 70 of these 'no data' errors. The -v option shows that many records are processed until it reaches the ones with errors.

It looks like the database somehow got corrupted, I wonder if this could cause the openldap server to choke sometimes? Maybe it dies when one of the invalid records is accessed by the qmail server?

I would greatly appreciate any ideas/comments/suggestions.

Bye for now,
Ward Vandewege,
Better Access NV.
--