Re: Different clients yield different results

At 01:57 PM 4/7/01 -0700, Mark Diggory wrote:
>I've just found that many of my issues concerning OpenLDAP and JNDI have never been responded to by OpenLDAP-software list members (whether due to workload or lack of interest).

Or because the poster doesn't make responding to the post easy
by poorly wording questions or not providing enough or too much
information or by not breaking down complex questions into
manageable pieces or by not doing their homework.  There are,
of course, a variety of other factors as to why not every post
gets responded to.

>While I do see a great number of post pertaining to the interaction of OpenLDAP with other clients that are left unsupported or redirected as well.

That's a problem that can only be solved by greater participation
by the user community.   Creating additional lists generally does
not generate additional participation.

I also note that I think you have gotten false impression as to
the charter of this list.  This list can be used to discussion
to OpenLDAP software use issues, including those pertaining
to use with software developed by others.  Redirection comes in
when we believe the issue is not specific to OpenLDAP.

Kurt