LDAP & MySQL Backend / LDAP & Outlook

[Sorry for submitting this twice I thought this time I should put a
more meaningful sybject line]

I have two problems I was wondering if anyone out there could help me
with.

-Firstly I would like to now how to use MySQL as a backend to OpenLDAP,
 I have seen several mentions of this issue in mailing lists and
 somebody out there said they were going to work on this project a few
 years ago.  Does anybody know where I can get instructions on how to
 do this, and example config files etc?

-Secondly when pointing Outlook 97/2000 clients at the LDAP server one
 can use the LDAP service to check whether names exist on the server,
 but is there any way of getting Outlook to treat the LDAP server as a
 Global Address List such that a user may select names from a list and
 add them to the to:, cc: and bcc: fields?

I'd appreciate any help at all on the above issues...  Thank you! =)

Ray
--
Moneyextra Limited is an independent intermediary regulated by the
Personal Investment Authority.  The PIA does not regulate mortgages,

Moneyextra Limited, One Temple Back East, Temple Quay, Bristol BS1 6DX