Re: Multiple Master - CVS?

At 11:19 PM 4/3/01 +0200, GOMBAS Gabor wrote:
>On Tue, Apr 03, 2001 at 11:50:56AM -0700, Eric Parusel wrote:
>
>> As well, if I do use a version from CVS, how stable is it?  Obviously if
>> I have a need for redundancy, I have a need for stability or more
>> importantly, data integrity.
>
>Simple: if you need stability, do _not_ use experimental software. Usually
>the CVS versions of any software is not guaranteed to even compile. If
>you have the time and knowledge to debug and fix it if it's broken
>(including rebuilding corrupted databases etc.), then go and try it;
>otherwise, wait for a release containing official support for the features
>you need.

And note that some features, such as multi-master replication,
will remain to be experimental even after release.  Whether or
not a particular build of OpenLDAP is "stable" for your use is
up to you to decide (and this applies to even those releases
which we label as "stable"... see http://www.openldap.org/software/download/
for a clarification as to the use of the term stable as it applies
to OpenLDAP releases).