Re: ldapsearch failing on cn=schema

At 04:32 PM 4/4/01 +0200, Stéphane Barbaroux wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Could anyone explain me why the following request :
>
>ldapsearch -D "cn=root,o=sycomore,c=fr" -w secret -h atest02 -p 389 -b
>"cn=schema" -s base
>
>does work on Netcape Directory Server 4.1 and Secure Way Ibm 3.2 but not
>on Openldap 2.07

Because these LDAP implementations have an entry (or subentry)
named "cn=schema" and OpenLDAP doesn't.  If you are after the
subschema controlling a particular entry, read that entries
subschemaSubentry to obtain the name of the subschema subentry.
Then read the subschema subentry by issuing a search with
scope base and filter (objectClass=subschema) and a list of
the operational attributes you want returned.

BTW, don't cross post!

Kurt