RE: LDAP

Rich, don't feel bad - I've been more or less in the same boat for quite a
while now.  I don't know if any of these links will be exactly what you're
looking for, but perhaps one of them will shed some light on the problem(s)
you're having...

First, the IBM RedBook that I've printed out to give myself a good overview
of LDAP:
 http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/SG244986.html

Then, the SLAPD and SLURPD Administrators Guide (you've probably already
seen this, but just in case...):
 http://www.umich.edu/~dirsvcs/ldap/doc/guides/slapd/toc-all.html

Here's a decent intro to LDAP (also has some more links at the end):
 http://linuxfocus.org/English/July2000/article159.shtml

This is a page that seems to have a good number of links (haven't spent a
lot of time checking this one out yet):
 http://tecfa.unige.ch/guides/ldap/pointers.html

And finally, one of the articles that I used when I was just getting
started:
 http://www.pcquest.com/june00/linux_ldap.asp

I hope this helps a bit - Good luck!

TK