Re: FW: Redhat 7.0 and threads

Check your glibc version, mine had a major bug report concerning posix threads, I had to remove glibc and the install the latest version of glibc to get around this.

Glen Coakley wrote:

This is what I got when configuring under RedHat 7.0 (Kernel 2.2.16-22 on an
i686). They start to differ where configure appears to be trying to figure
out how to link with the thread library. (I'm guessing here) If you know how
to include that library then add it to the env. var. LDFLAGS before invoking
configure.

Otherwise, I would run "sh -x configure" or read through the script (search
for 'thread') to figure out what it is doing.

checking for NT Threads... checking for _beginthread... no no checking for pthread.h... yes checking POSIX thread version... final checking for LinuxThreads pthread.h... yes checking for GNU Pth pthread.h... no checking for sched.h... yes checking for pthread_create in default libraries... no checking for pthread link with -kthread... no checking for pthread link with -pthread... yes checking for sched_yield... yes checking for pthread_yield... yes checking for pthread_kill... yes checking for pthread_rwlock_destroy... yes checking for pthread_detach with <pthread.h>... yes checking for pthread_setconcurrency... yes checking for pthread_getconcurrency... yes checking for thr_setconcurrency... no checking for thr_getconcurrency... no checking for pthread_kill_other_threads_np... yes checking for LinuxThreads implementation... yes checking for LinuxThreads consistency... yes checking if pthread_create() works... yes checking if select yields when using pthreads... yes checking for thread specific errno... yes checking for thread specific h_errno... yes

________________________________
Glen Coakley, Sr. Software Engineer
MQSoftware Inc., (763) 543-4845
Have you ever wonder what happens when you run "rm -rf / " but been afraid
to try it?

-----Original Message----- From: Bob Tanner [mailto:tanner@real-time.com] Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 2:12 AM To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org Subject: Redhat 7.0 and threads

The myraid of threads check confuses the crap out of me. I am not 100% sure what is the problem, but under Redhat 7.0 O get the following:

checking for pthread.h... yes
checking POSIX thread version... final
checking for LinuxThreads pthread.h... yes
checking for GNU Pth pthread.h... no
checking for sched.h... yes
checking for pthread_create in default libraries... no
checking for pthread link with -kthread... no
checking for pthread link with -pthread... no
checking for pthread link with -pthreads... no
checking for pthread link with -mthreads... no
checking for pthread link with -thread... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthread -lmach -lexc -lc_r... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthread -lmach -lexc... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthread -Wl,-woff,85... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthread... no
checking for pthread link with -lc_r... no
checking for pthread link with -threads... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthreads -lmach -lexc -lc_r... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthreads -lmach -lexc... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthreads -lexc... no
checking for pthread link with -lpthreads... no
configure: error: could not link with POSIX Threads

What type of threads are used in Redhat 7.0?

I tried the other src.rpm from the open-it.org(?) site, it doesn't compile
either.