[no subject]

Hello everybody,

I'm currently testing OpenLDAP in its stable branch (1.2.11) to handle mail routing in a FreeBSD 4.2 + sendmail environnement.
The directory contains about 30,000 entries, with a few indexes on vital attributes.

I'm facing strange performance and reliability issues, that I can reproduce on several similar systems. Mainly : memory leaks.

On a regular basis, slapd eats up to 1Mb memory per second under moderate load, or something like 5Mb per search request on an indexed attribute. This lasts until slapd runs out of memory and dies. (I've seen it going up to 600Mb)

Quite astonishing, and the ldbm backend files are only about 20 - 30 Mb... Is it a known issue ? I've seen many posts here talking about memory leaks, but I wonder if thoses leaks evoked previously were so important, or if it's just a problem with my configuration.

Thanks in advance,

Frederic Aguiard