Re: problem about ldappasswd and slappasswd

slappasswd prints the hashed password to stdout. It's meant so one can
copy and paste it into slapd.conf. It does not change the rootpw
parameter automagically. You need to copy and paste it in, and restart
slapd. I couldn't seem to get working anything but {CRYPT} style
passwords; not sure why. ldappasswd, on the other hand, is meant for
changing the userPassword attribute for a certain dn (as specified by
the -D parameter). It will automatically make changes into the
directory.