Re: LDAP Servers as Multiple-Master?

Nah. The OpenLDAP CVS version contains a working multimaster implementation.
You must enable it at compile time, though (#define SLAPD_MULTIMASTER).

iplanet's LDAP server offers this in v5, too.

Markus

Jim Willeke wrote:

> Currently there is a LDUP working group that is addressing the issue of
> standards for LDAP replication.
> I do not think any slapd implementation use multi-master but several
> other server providers do. (ie. eDirectory from Novell and W2K from
> Microsoft.)
>
> -jim
>
> Nalneesh Gaur wrote:
>
> > As I understand it SLAPD only has the ability to update from the master to
> > slave akin to the DNS Master slave model.  Is it possible to ring the
> > master-slaves to have multiple-master?  I am afraid that this would result
> > in an endless loop of replication. This is key because as of now the slave
> > happily accepts modifications but will not replicate it to the master.  In
> > the current scenario the slave is most useful as a read-only database.  has
> > anyone had experience with this such that LDAP is configured as a
> > multiple-master?
> >
> > Your thoughts
> >
> > CM

begin:vcard
n:Storm;Markus
tel;fax:++49 +5246 80-2867
tel;work:++49 +5246 80-1867
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:mediaWays GmbH;NMW-T
adr:;;Postfach 185;Guetersloh;;33311;Germany
version:2.1
email;internet:Markus.Storm@mediaWays.net
x-mozilla-cpt:;-20320
fn:Markus Storm