Re: OpenLDAP support for LDAPv3 features? (more Solaris automounterissues)

On Mon, Mar 26, 2001 at 05:12:59PM -0800, Tomas Maly wrote:
> How about using the open source automounter? It comes with linux;
> probably can find it off of freshmeat.net. The schema is discussed in
> the config file; you'll have to make up the object classes/attributes in
> your config.

1. the solaris automounter is better

2. all this requires is for someone with a SPARC running solaris, to set up
   a NIS server, grab the iplanet Solaris extensions, and run the
  "dsimport" sparc binary.
   This will then "automatically" copy the normal sun automount maps
   into OpenLDAP

The two problems are:

1. You have to have a sparc. dsimport is a damn binary, not a script

2. You have to have OpenLDAP already running and be writable by anonymous.

I will help anyone who wants to go through these steps to help
everyone discover the sun LDAP-automount format.
I'd do it myself, but I dont have a sparc to play with right now :-(

You can use my solaris LDAP page as a starting point
http://www.bolthole.com/solaris/LDAP.html

Skip the bit about PAM, and follow the "old nasty methods" bit to compile
and patch the openldap server.