Re: OpenLDAP support for LDAPv3 features? (more Solaris automounterissues)

Tomas,

I have actually looked into this myself (using the Linux automounter
with Solaris).  The autofs code requires hooks into the kernel that the
Linux kernel provides, so using it with the Solaris kernel is probably
not feasible.

Mike,

I'm not sure yet that VLV really is required by automountd.  I seem
to have host name resolution working w/o VLV so far.  I have not tried
passwd/group name resolution yet.  I have also only done casual testing,
too.

automountd is still not working, but my problem may be elsewhere.  For
instance, I have not compared my LDAP maps to what the 'dsimport'
proggie generates.  'dsimport' is the utility (binary) that Sun provides
to populate LDAP from existsing NIS maps. (It's on the iPlanet Bonus
Software CD that comes with Solaris8.  It's with Directory Server.)

It'll be a while before I get to test this, however, because I've moved
on to other priorities for now.  If you happen to try 'dsimport' or
use iPlanet DS, then by all means please publish some sample automount
map entries.

I've attached sample entries like the ones I'm using.  Maybe you can try
these out yourself and report on your level of success.  What I do know
is that from the debugging output of my OpenLDAP server install, the DNs
I'm using seem to be correct (and working).  The entries themselves may
not be.

-Dave

--
David L. Armstrong
Blackstone Technology Group

dn: cn=Manager,LDAP_BASE
cn: Global Manager
sn: Manager
objectclass: person
userpassword: secret

dn: nismapname=auto_master,LDAP_BASE
objectclass: top
objectclass: nismap
nismapname: auto_master

dn: cn=/import,nismapname=auto_master,LDAP_BASE
objectclass: top
objectclass: nisobject
nismapname: auto_master
cn: /import
nismapentry: auto_import

dn: nismapname=auto_import,LDAP_BASE
objectclass: top
objectclass: nismap
nismapname: auto_import

dn: cn=mountpoint,nismapname=auto_import,LDAP_BASE
objectclass: top
objectclass: nisobject
nismapname: auto_import
cn: btg-dist
nismapentry: nfs://nfs1/export/disk1/mountpoint

dn: ou=Hosts,LDAP_BASE
ou: Hosts
objectclass: top
objectclass: organizationalUnit