Re: following referrals by proxy produced error

philchan@hksfc.org.hk wrote:

> Since I use the OpenLDAP 2.0.7 as proxy, no referrals will be returned to
> client. The proxy just follows the referrals on behalf of the client.
>
> Below is the output from ldapsearch -C
> # search result
> search: 2
> result: 32 No such object
>
> # numResponses: 3
> # numEntries: 2

I'm telling you because this problem arises very often: people
install OpenLDAP 2.0 somewhere and unintentionally keep
using the default OpenLDAP 1.2.X stuff in /usr/bin ...
I tried to build a setup following your message, and it worked
correctly: the referral was silently followed by the proxy, with
no problem.

Could you add the exact content of the directory (e.g. the root
of "dc=top,dc=com", the referral entry and the corresponding
entry on the referred server?

Pierangelo.

--
Dr. Pierangelo Masarati               | voice: +39 02 2399 8365
Politecnico di Milano                 | mailto:masarati@aero.polimi.it