Re: can run slapd on Mandrake7.2

 I have experienced, the same thing,

You may  have tried to install openldap a couple times and you have
multiple slapd files.  If you are using the slapd from release 1.211
(stable) therefore not Ldap v2-3 compliant,
and you refer to a slapd.conf file that includes cosine.schema, you will

get that error.   When I had the problem, the "bad slapd" was in
/usr/local/bin directory, while the proper one was in
/usr/local/libexec or something like that.

Francois

--
Linux, the choice          | Beam me up, Scotty!  It ate my phaser!
of a GNU generation   -o)  |