Re: SASL and LDAP

    Tarjei> Hi, Is it just me or is sasl the most common topic on this
    Tarjei> list?

Almost :) It's a complicated issue, so it's no wonder that many asks
about it...

    Tarjei> Right now I got to question: 1. How do you configure ldap
    Tarjei> to authenticate users directly through sasl without going
    Tarjei> through pam?

    Tarjei> 2. Has anyone managed to compile cyrus and get it up and
    Tarjei> running on a rh7 machine? I'm in serious doubt that it is
    Tarjei> at all possible after this weekend.  Anyone with tips on
    Tarjei> this would be wellcome. I usually get so far as to telnet
    Tarjei> localhost imap where I get mailserver conected,
    Tarjei> escapecaracter is ^] and then the whole thing just
    Tarjei> stops. (I know off topic, but I'm totaly desparate!)

I had so many problems when trying to do this, so when I finally got it
working, I wanted to contribute to all the helpful people on the list
that helped ME.

Have a look at the 'Mini-HOWTO' I wrote about this. It's at

        http://www.bayour.com/kerberos/Kerberos-MiniHOWTO.html

It's not quite finished yet though. It's still missing some genuine
information about secure replication (that's what I've been trying to
accomplish today).

--
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are