2.0.7 on HP 11.0 with gcc/kerberos

I've been trying to get 2.0.7 going on this HP platform and haven't had much
success.

When the server was trying to resolve a client password to kerberos, I was
getting a segmentation violation.

I had configured it with these switches:

./configure --without-cyrus-sasl --enable-kpasswd --with-kerberos --enable-kbind

I discovered the dump occured in krb5_init_context, which is before handling
any arguments at all, and I took the wild stab that maybe threads didn't work,
so I tried:

./configure --without-cyrus-sasl --enable-kpasswd --with-kerberos --without-threads

Some trial and error had let me to believe the --enable-kbind wasn't helpful in
my situation, but I don't think it was related to the dump.  The key seemed to
be threads.

Rather than giving a dump, the slapd generated by the above flags does enable
kerberos password checking when the password is set as:

userpassword: {KERBEROS}aej@WPI.EDU

In the HP commentary, the FAQ mentions using gnu threads.  Does this mean that
the HP threads do not work with openldap?  If that's the case, wouldn't it be
better for the configure script to reject that setup, rather than giving a
resulting program that does not work?  If I obtained and installed gnu threads,
would the package function better?