Re: Export from LDAP to /etc/passwd?

>I need to move accounts from a RH6.1 Linux system to a RH6.2 Linux
>system.
>The RH6.1 system is using openldap-1.2.9. The people who configured the
>openldap-1.2.9 system created scripts to add users, delete user, and
>change passwords etc. Consequently some passwords are stored in clear
>text and some are encrypted with {crypt}
>The RH6.2 system is using standard /etc/passwd /etc/shadow with MD5.
>How can I move the accounts to the new system and preserve their
>passwords?

You can't convert crypts,  but crypting the clear-text passwords should be easy
via a shell script.  If it is any help I wrote a utility to dump LDAP rfc2307(?)
informiation to standard passwd/group files,  I use it to populate NIS from
LDAP.  http://ldapconsole.sourceforge.net

Systems and Network Administrator
Morrison Industries
1825 Monroe Ave NW.