Re: Export from LDAP to /etc/passwd?

The accounts with the plain text passwords will be easy since you know
the password.  They will go over just fine with using 'passwd'.  You can
write a simple script with expect to do that for you.
The hard part is going to be the {crypt} passwords.  Those usually are a
one way crypt, so you will not be able to decrypt them.  Depending on the
number of users you are looking at trying to convert crypted passwords,
the easier solution is to generate them a new (random is perfered)
password, email them telling them their password was changed to "this",
and offer to change it to something they would like.

Craig