Re: Cool Web / Shell Interfaces?

> On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 04:22:55PM -0800, dannyman wrote:
>
> Anyone has opinions on what is the best we 2 ldap gateway?  web2ldap is this
> wonky hard-to-compile python thing.  It's ugly, and I hate Python.  I know,
> that's my problem.  web500gw seems a little more promising, but is quite an
> experience to try and configure.  I also have no idea if it is under active
> development or if its security is very trusted, and a few features seem
> unimplemented.  I am tempted to hack something together, but prefer to not
> re-invent the wheel if I can avoid it.
>
> As an alternative, is there perhaps a useful LDAP shell client ... something
> that you could interactively bind, run queries on, and edit attributes in in a
> reasonably user-friendly manner?

Both shell and Web interfaces are implemented in the LGBA project, available at:

http://www.spelio.net.ru/soft#LGBA
or
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lgba

Although it is intensively tested and considered extremely useful in many cases,
it could break some classical paradigms on how the ldap directory tree
should be designed.

LGBA also provides a library, liblgba, which helps C programmer to develop
LDAP-related programs with something more high-level interface than classic
LDAP API.

--
Lev Walkin
vlm@smarts-gsm.ru