Re: no suitable LDBM backend

Quoting "Sascha Mirkovic" <Sascha.Mirkovic@ascom.ch>:

> I'm trying to configure my Openldap2.0.7 on sparc-sun-solaris2.7.
> After "configure" I get the following

[...]

> Lately, I've installed it on a Intel-Linux machine, and I repeated the same
> thing, hoping, if it worked there, it will work on a Sparc-Solaris as well.

All Linux distributions come with at least gdbm or ndbm, that's probably why
it worked for Linux.

> Perhaps an interesting point. The file /etc/ld.so.conf doesn't even exists,
> not to mention it contains the /usr/loacl/Berkeley3.2/lib.
>
> Every hint or help is extremely welcome. Thanks in advance.

I don't know anything (or at least very little) about Solaris, but why not
install BerkeleyDB from SleepyCAT (http://www.sleepycat.com/amfeatures.html).

Then add

        CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.0/include"
        LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.3.0/lib"

before running configure...

--
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are