Re: ldapsearch error

Quoting "Emmanuel JEGOU" <jegou@energy2b.com>:

> I am  trying to do a  ldapsearch because I  have problem configuring
> cyrus+pam+ldap and I got the following message what does it mean ??

[...]

> [root@intranet src]# ldapsearch -v -D "cn=root,o=Vecteur Plus,c=fr" -W -h "ldap.intranet.vecteurplus.com" -p 389 -P 3 -b "ou=People,o=VecteurPlus,c=fr" -s one "(objectClass=*)" uid
> ldap_init( ldap.intranet.vecteurplus.com, 389 )
> Enter LDAP Password:
> ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: No such attribute
> [root@intranet src]#

If you are using -D and -W (doing a simple bind) you will also have to
use the option -x. The mentioned options are not necessary if using a
SASL bind. Use -I or -U instead...

See http://www.bayour.com/kerberos/Kerberos-MiniHOWTO.html#12.Testing OpenLDAP v2|outline
for some testing prosediours..

--
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are