Re: Problems using slapadd

I had a problem similar to this that I eventually traced to a an open ' that was
not closed with another '.  Fortunately it was a relatively small file, but it
took me some time to find the syntax error.  Try loading the top half and the
bottom half of your LDIF file separately and see if one half loads.  You may be
able to narrow it down.

Darren Jacobs wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Having some problems importing the contents of a 210,769 line ldif file
> using slapadd.  I keep getting the error:
>
>  slapadd: could not parse entry (line=210770)
>
> This is the last line in my ldif file and it is not deformed or undefined in
> anyway, its simply formated as:
>
> employee:
>
> with no employee number following it.  can anyone suggest why it could be
> throwing the above error?
>
> Regards,
>
> Darren....

Shop online without a credit card