trouble with 1.2.11

Hello! I apologize, if this list is not in correct cathegory, but i am not good bug submiter, anyways, please help!

For quite a long time i was running openldap 1.2.11 without any problems. But recently, it started to act strange: slapd, runs for some hour or less without any problems, but then suddenly (!), it launches bunch of threads that are like 40-90 MB of ram. I can't figure out why. more, i noticed, that slapd grows constantly in size (ram), i understand it caches and indexes, but wouldn't it better to give it constant size of cache, and let it never exceed it?

--
	Konrads Smelkov