Slow response time for each ldapadd-search-delete command

I've just installed openldap 2.0.7 on a Linux
2.2.12-5cl.
I can run ldapadd, search and delete, but each command
has a very slow response time (1 min aprox).
The UNIX system works OK, there is only named and
sendmail services setup, without traffic (standalone
tests).
The result of each command is OK and I can see the
correct dada.
What can be the cause? (I have only 3 entries in the
database).
If you need a log, which one and with which level?