Problem in configuring LDAP

Yesterday i was struggling with BerkeleyDB 3 problem as LDAP 1.2.11 doesn't support DB 3 i had to install DB 2 in my login directory. But when i am trying to configure LDAP with New evnvironment variables the following error is coming
can any one help
Thanks

checking for gtar... gtar
checking configure arguments... done
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking for a BSD compatible install... build/install-sh -c
checking build system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.7
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  -I/usr/local/apache/sites/amsoft.spinweb.net/BerkeleyDB/include -L/usr/local/apache/sites/amsoft.spinweb.net/BerkeleyDB/lib) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.