Referral and Netscape Address Book

Hi,

I'm using openldap v2.0.7 on RH7. I've encountered some weird problems with
Netscape address book when using referral.

3 databases were created on the same ldap server.

db1. global  (to tie db2 and db3 using referral)
db2. org1
db3. org2

When using netscape address book to perform a ldap search, the following
error message was encountered:
"Failed to search 'x.x.x.x', due to LDAP error 'Referral hop limit exceed'
(0x61)"

Though it might be a self-referral (loop) problem and so migrated db2 and
db3 to another ldap server (v2.0.7).

However, this time round, another different message was encountered:
"Failed to search 'y.y.y.y', due to LDAP error 'No such object' (0x20)"

Command line "ldapsearch" and outlook express did not have any problem
searching using the referrals.

Have I missed out some configuration?

Pls kindly advice.

ps: I did not have such a problem with Netscape address book when using
v1.2.11.

Thanks.