Re: ldap_bind: Protocol error

> I've been running an openLDAP v. 2.0.7 server for a while, but it's
> suddenly come up with this error when I do an ldapsearch:
>
> ldap_bind: Protocol error
>          additional info: version not supported

I got that problem when i was using a client that insisted on binding with
LDAP v3 and told it to connect to a server that only spoke v2. Are you
absolutely positive that the server is 2.0.7? You can check by running
ident on the binary. Make sure, of course, that you run it on the correct
binary. :)

Also, are referrals involved? I've seen some weird things when a client
forced V3 and spoke to a V3 server which returned a referral to a V2
server.