Re: Odd performance problem with substring index (fwd)

>  My problem is that the performance of a substring index
> seems half arbitrary, dependent on where in the search
> string I put globs (*) -- _sometimes_ OpenLDAP seems to do
> a linear search, even though the attribute searched on
> is indexed.

We are experience the same behaviour, as posted to this list on
Dec. 19th last year:

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200012/msg00223.html

It seems to me that this is a "index-selection" problem within slapd.
(Haven't found out more, maybe one of the developer would be more
efficient in pointing out the relevant lines of code?)...

cheers
Ing. Alexander Mayrhofer             A.Mayrhofer@kpnqwest.at
Systems Engineer AM171-RIPE          http://www.kpnqwest.at
KPNQwest Austria GmbH.               phone: +43 1 89933 0  Diefenbachgasse 35,
A-1150 Wien      fax: +43 1 89933 533