Re: Users from /etc/passwd, passwords from LDAP?

Quoting "Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>:

> (likely nss_ldap takes as a parameter a search filter).

The theory (I haven't bothered to try yet) is to utilise the 'pam_filter'
in '/etc/pam_ldap.conf'...

In theory you can have a object 'loginhost' or the like. That is, you want
user 'xyz' to be able to login to host 'athena' and 'barrabas':

        dn: uid=xyz,...
        loginHost: athena
        loginHost: barrabas

And on host 'athena' you would enter in /etc/pam_ldap.conf:

        pam_filter      loginHost=athena

And on 'barrabas':

        pam_filter      loginHost=barrabas

As said, this is theory (which I picked up here a couple of months ago). You
will have to make your own objectClass to use this 'loginhost' though...

--
 Turbo     __ _     Debian GNU     Unix _IS_ user friendly - it's just
 ^^^^^    / /(_)_ __  _   ___  __  selective about who its friends are