Re: performance problems

>Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 18:58:19 +1300
>From: Simon Murcott <simon@murcott.net>
>To: ldap@x-wing.cc.boun.edu.tr
>Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
>Subject: Re: performance problems

>ldap@x-wing.cc.boun.edu.tr wrote:

<snip>

>cachesize   1000
>dbcachesize 100000
>index cn,sn,givenname,mail pres,eq,approx,sub
>index ou,o,c,dc pres,eq
>index uid,uidnumber,gidnumber,iphostnumber pres,eq
>index default none

>These should give you excelent performance for your environment.

Thank you for your input, it works fine now.

I did have indexes already and please note that your cachesize and dbcachesize
values are defaults.  However, nscd seems to be the main reason for the
increased performance.

p.s.  Is there anyone on the list who admins a university and stores everything
in LDAP?  I'd like to know how you solved the quota problem.

# file /etc/passwd
/etc/passwd:   cannot open: No such file or directory