Re: Access control for services

On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Shanker Balan wrote:

> Matthew Palmer wrote:
> >Squid *might* be able to do it - certainly, it has the ability to
> >authenticate users, but I'm not sure whether it can do access control
> >via LDAP.  Sendmail probably has a way of doing this, as it has LDAP
> >support, but you'll have to read some heavy documentation to work out
> >how to do it.
>
> We managed to do the same with squid using a custom auth module.
> Sendmail is the beast i am worried about.

Sendmail will probably have the functionality in there somewhere, the
difficulty will be in working through the docs to work out how to turn it
on... <g>

I don't know what your situation is like, but you might want to consider
Exim - it is lot easier to work with, and has good LDAP support.  I switched
over to it from being a hardened Sendmail guru...

#include <disclaimer.h>
Matthew Palmer
mjp16@uow.edu.au