memory leaks and other stories

Hi all,

Is there any known memory leak with openldap 2.0.7? From my experience it just
keeps growing without bounds in a manner that somehow correlates with the
number of query operations made against the server. I've developed an sql
backend as proof-of-concept and it leaks with it as well, so i might conclude
it is not, at least not only, a backend problem.

As a side note, i've noticed the thread pool implementation used has a parameter
used to limit the max number of pending tasks to be assigned to the worker
threads. How come this is never used? Shouldn't connection_read() in
connection.c test for errors in ldap_pvt_thread_pool_submit() and return
say LDAP_UNWILLING_TO_PERFORM -"server too busy [TM]" in case of error? This
would allow for a simple flow control in openLDAP wouldn't it?

MTIA,
J. Cameijo Cerdeira

PS. I'm using linux 2.2.15 and glibc 2.1.3

--
A clever prophet makes sure of the event first.